Mandates of KVK
- Conduct ‘On Farm Testing’ (OFT) in farmers’ field for identifying technologies suitable for location specific sustainable land-use systems.
- Organize ‘Frontline Demonstrations’ (FLD) on various crops/livestock to generate production data and feedback.
- Organize training programmes to update the extension personal with recent advances in agricultural research on a regular basis.
- Organize short and long term training courses in Agriculture and allied enterprises for farmers, rural youth and unemployed women with emphasis on “Learning by doing” for higher output and to generate self employment.
- Function as knowledge cum resource centre for agriculture and allied sectors in the district.
- Production of quality seeds and planting materials for distribution among the farmers.